Launched in 2010, instagram has become a staple in the world of asocial networks.
The platform now has more than 1.2 billion users in the world of which 500 million connect every day.
In France, the Instagram audience counts 24 million users.
On the usage side, nearly 500 million accounts post stories every day.
Users spend an average of 30 minutes a day there.
Instagram is also a very popular platform for brands.
Today 75% of American companies are present on Instagram and 90% of users follow at least one brand.
Note that 1/3 of the most viewed stories are those of brands.
For brands, engagement on the platform is the most important metric.
On Instagram, the engagement rate is 4 times higher to that of Facebook.
Creators at the center of brand marketing strategies
In order to to increase their visibility and their sales, brands are increasingly calling on content creators .
According to Hubspot, influencer marketing will be worth $16.4 billion in 2022.
instagram is the platform chosen by 79% of brands to launch their influencer campaign.
Micro and nano influencers in particular are the most sought after with nearly 88% of professionals using influencers with less than 100,000 subscribers and 35% for influencers with less than 10,000 subscribers.
Micro-influencers share authentic videos and are much closer to their community than big influencers.
Finally, Instagram helps 81% of Instagrammers decide to make a purchase after viewing a product or service.
It is with this in mind that Instagram has launched the Branded Content format .
What is Instagram Branded Content?
Branded Content Instagram an authentic collaboration format
Branded Content is a new format of collaboration that brings content creators and brands together.
This format offers brands the opportunity to partner with popular influencers and content creators to promote their products or services to their target audience.
By working with relevant and trusted influencers and content creators, brands can increase their credibility and their fame with their target audience .
The format Branded Content Instagram is a way for businesses and brands to promote their products or services in a more natural and engaging way on the social media platform. Instead of posting traditional advertisements which may be perceived as intrusive, the Branded Content Instagram uses creative and authentic content to present brand advantages and benefits in a more subtle way.
This format is also useful for influencers and content creators, who can use this opportunity to earn money by collaborating with brands and sharing branded content with their audience. It can be a great source of income for influencers and content creators, especially those who already have a large following on Instagram.
The particularity of this format is that the creator tags the brand with which he collaborates in his publication.
A mention “paid partnership” with the name of the brand then appears below his profile.
Here are some examples of Branded Content Instagram :
- Kylian Mbappé in Reel for the eyewear brand Oakley
- Cristiano Ronaldo in publication for the watch brand Jacobandco
- Nabilla in Reel for the Amazon Prime platform
This format Branded Content is more authentic than ever, since the publication is done directly on the creator’s account and therefore does not look like an advertisement at first glance.
TikTok has understood this well, especially with the rise of UGC which is a hit on its platform.
Branded Content Instagram is very similar to what can be done on TikTok with Spark Ads.
To learn more about the TikTok Spark Ads format, you can read our dedicated article here .
Branded Content Instagram Ads
Another major advantage of the format Branded Content , it is the possibility for the brand and the advertisers to boost the publication of the creator with advertising.
It is an additional way for brands to reach a wider audience than that of the creator.
To do this, the creator must first activate the advertising option on his side.
Once enabled, advertisers can run the post as an ad on Instagram feed, stories, or the discover tab.
It is even possible to set up an advertisement Branded Content Instagram , without it being visible on the creator’s account (only in ads).
The Benefits of Branded Content Instagram Ads
Benefits of Branded Content Instagram Ads for Creators
With the advertising option put in place by brands, creators will benefit from interactions and additional visibility.
This will increase their communities and their notoriety.
Creators also have the ability to self-boost their post through the Ads Manager.
Benefits of Branded Content Instagram Ads for brands
Brands will be able to extend the publication’s coverage beyond the creator’s community.
They will be able to use ad targeting to reach the most relevant people for their business.
How does Instagram Branded Content work?
Once the creator and the brand have agreed on the project and the terms of the partnership, Instagram Branded Content can be set up.
How to activate Instagram Branded Content on your creator account?
To activate the Branded Content Instagram , you need a creator or professional account.
Once everything is good, here are the steps to follow to activate Branded Content:
1) Go to the “ Settings” from your Instagram account
2) Then click on the “ Creator ”
3) Then on “ Branded content ”
4) Then in status, select “ Configure branded content tools ”
5) Press the button “ Enable ” at the bottom of the screen
6) Format Branded Content Instagram is now activated on your account
How do I create an Instagram Branded Content post?
As explained above, the Branded Content format can be used on publications, Reels, Stories or even lives.
The brand you’re collaborating with must also have a creator or professional account in order to validate.
Here are the steps to add the paid partnership mention on an Instagram post:
1) Select the post you want to share
2) Once the caption and hashtags are filled in, click on “ Advanced settings” at the bottom of the screen
3) In the branded content section, press the “ Add a paid partnership mention ”
4) Then click on “ Add brand partners ”
5) Find and “ add “ partners for collaboration (2 brands maximum)
6) You can then “ to allow ” the brand partner to boost content
7) If everything is good, you can click on “ ended”
The brand receives a notification when a creator tags the brand.
How to approve requests for collaboration on the brand side?
Once creators have made their requests, brands must then approve collaboration requests on their end.
Here are the steps to approve creators if you are a brand.
1) Go to the “ Settings” from your Instagram account
2) Then click on the “ Business ”
3) Then on “ Branded Content ”
4) Select “ Approve content creators ”
5) You can then “ Approve ” designers of your choice
How to boost creator posts in advertising?
One of the strengths of this format is that brands can promote the creator’s posts by ads .
For sponsor a publication Branded Content Instagram , you have to go to the Meta Business Manager .
Here are the different steps to boost a Branded Content Instagram post:
1) Go to the advertising manager
2) Create a new campaign
3) Choose a campaign objective for your Instagram Branded Content post:
- App installs: The goal of this type of campaign is to promote a mobile app and get users to install it
- Notoriety: the objective of this type of campaign is to make the brand known to a large number of people and to give it visibility
- Traffic: the objective of this type of campaign is to send as many visitors as possible to the advertiser’s website
- Video views: The objective of this type of campaign is to promote a video and get it watched by a large number of people
- Conversions: The objective of this type of campaign is to promote a specific action on the advertiser’s website, such as creating an account or downloading a file.
It is important to choose the objective of the campaign according to the objective of the advertiser.
For example, if the objective is to promote a mobile application, it would be better to choose the objective “app installs” rather than “traffic”. Similarly, if the objective is to promote a product and encourage users to buy it, it will be better to choose the “sales” objective rather than “traffic”.
4) Configure your ad:
- Target the audience of your choice (interest, retargeting, customer list)
- For placements, you can broadcast on Instagram Feed, Stories and the Discover tab
5) Finally, when choosing your advertisement, select “ Use an existing post ”. You should have access to all the publications made by the content creator.
6) Finally, click on “ Confirm ”
In conclusion, the format Branded Content Instagram offers brands an opportunity to collaborate with popular influencers and content creators to promote their products or services to their target audience. All in a more natural and engaging .
It is an important marketing strategy for any business wishing to promote their products or services on the popular social media platform that is Instagram.
Need content creators for your brand?